People's Transportation Company records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains three ledgers with hand-written proceedings of the stockholders and directors, including meeting minutes, correspondence, receipts, and other communications, 1860-1872.
- People's Transportation Company (Salem, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
People's Transportation Co. of Salem, Oregon was incorporated in 1862 by David McCully, Stephen Coffin, Calvin S. Kingsley, and Alva C. R. Shaw. It was sold in 1871 to the Willamette Transportation Co. (Ben Holliday, president).
2.5 linear feet (3 containers) : 1 phase box, 2 oversize flat boxes
Language of Materials
People's Transportation Co. of Salem, Oregon was incorporated in 1862, and sold in 1871 to the Willamette Transportation Co. The collection contains proceedings of the stockholders and directors.
Collection arranged by volume.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- People's Transportation Company (Salem, Or.)
- Receipts (financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Steamboat lines -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Willamette Transportation Company
- Guide to the People's Transportation Co. Records
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).