Oregon Infantry. 1st Regiment, Company B records
Scope and Contents
The collection (1864-1867) contains letters received and sent by Captain Ephraim Palmer, and also financial records and "monthly returns." .
- Oregon. Militia. Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Oregon Infantry, 1st Regiment, Company B, was part of the Oregon Volunteer's regiment during the American Civil War. The collection (1864-1867) contains letters received and sent by Captain Ephraim Palmer, and also financial records and "monthly returns."
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Palmer, Ephraim, 1826-1913 -- Correspondence
- Soldiers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army -- Officers -- Correspondence
- Guide to the Oregon Infantry. 1st Regiment, Company B Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).