Pacific Stationery and Print Company records
Scope and Contents
The collection (1902-1936) contains six ledgers and one loose catalog. The binders contain financial records including accounts and orders, and also articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes, and correspondence.
- Pacific Stationery & Printing Co. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Pacific Stationery and Print Company was a company located in Portland, Oregon, during the early 1900s. The company was originally incorporated in 1902 as the Pacific Blank Book Company by L. D. Hunter, J. A. Marlitt, and A. W. Cheney; the name was changed in 1905. The company provided stationery, printing services, book binding, lithographing and embossing, visible record systems (forms), loose leaf systems (binders), and office furniture.
3 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 record storage boxes
Language of Materials
The Pacific Stationery and Print Company, of Portland, Oregon, provided stationery, printing services, record organizing services, book binding, lithographing, embossing, and office furniture. The collection (1902-1936) contains financial records, articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes, correspondence, and a catalog.
Collection processed by staff 1970s, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Articles of incorporation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bylaws (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Catalogs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pacific Blank Book Co.
- Pacific Stationery & Printing Co.
- Portland (Or.) -- commerce Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Printers -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stationery trade -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Pacific Stationery and Print Company Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).