Frederick W. Rase field diaries
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of 15 field diaries describing Rase's various surveying jobs in Oregon and Washington.
- Rase, Frederick W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Frederick W. Rase worked as a surveyor for the United States Forest Service in District 6 (Pacific Northwest).
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Rase worked as a surveyor in District 6, U. S. Forest Service. The diaries describe various jobs in Oregon and Washington.
1 folder, including 15 items
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Field notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Forests and forestry -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northwest, Pacific -- Surveys Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Surveyors -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Forest Service. North Pacific Region
- Guide to the Frederick W. Rase Field Diaries
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA