Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding Company records
Collection consists of one account book, specifications for steamships, drawings of steamships, and photographs of the company's shipyard in Coos Bay. The specifications include the hulls of seven steamers, along with a few other specifications for other.
- Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
The Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding Company was established in 1905 in Coos Bay, Oregon. Robert Banks was taken as partner by K. V. Kruse to form the company. Located in Coos Bay, the Kruse and Banks Company produced wooden ships. The company became a leader.
0.25 linear feet
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase from Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts & Archives, 2001.
General Physical Description note
1 container, X folders
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Architectural drawings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Banks, Robert
- Barks (Sailing ships) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Blueprints Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Cargo ships Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding Company
- Kruse, K. V.
- Schooners Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Shipbuilding industry -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Specifications Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Kruse and Banks Shipbuilding Company Records
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA