Kubli General Store account books
Scope and Contents
The collection includes six volumes of account books dating 1858-1888.
The volumes include names of patrons including Chinese coal miners.
- Kubli General Store (Jacksonville, Or.) (Organization)
- Kubli, Kaspar, 1830-1897 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Kaspar Kubli (1830-1897) established Kubli General Store in 1872 and operated it until his death in 1897. Many of his patrons were coal miners including those who had traveled from China.
1 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 manuscript boxes
Language of Materials
Kaspar Kubli (1830) established Kubli General Store in 1872 and operated it until his death in 1897. The collection includes six volumes of account books dating 1858-1888.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Chinese Americans Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Coal mines and mining -- Oregon. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- General stores -- Oregon -- Jackson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jacksonville (Or.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Kubli General Store (Jacksonville, Or.)
- Guide to the Kubli General Store Account Books
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA