Everding and Farrell Co. records
Scope and Contents
The collection (1890-1900) contains indentures and other legal papers, incoming correspondence, financial records and land surveys, and a listing of Washougal lands, costs, and expenses.
Most of the records are indentures and other legal papers.
There is correspondence from Seufert Brothers of The Dalles (1892-1897), and from Ernest Morck, of Yukon Territory (1900).
There is also one volume that contains the written title, "List of Deep River LC Lands, Washougal Lands, costs, and expenses."
- Everding & Farrell (Organization)
- Seufert Brothers Company (Organization)
- Morck, Ernest A., 1866?- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Sylvester Farrell (1833-1909) was born in Canada, and moved to Portland, Oregon in 1867. He partnered with Richard Everding, and they incorporated a "wholesale produce and commission business. After some years the firm also became identified with logging and with the salmon packing industry." Farrell's son, Robert S., became a member of the Oregon Senate.
[Source: Carey, Charles Henry. "History of Oregon." Chicago-Portland: Pioneer Historical Pub. Co., 1922. pg. 100. webpage on ancestry.com]
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Everding and Farrell Co. was a wholesale produce and commission firm, that was later associated with logging and the salmon packing industry. The collection (1888-1900) contains indentures and other legal papers, incoming correspondence, financial records and land surveys, and a listing of Washougal lands, costs, and expenses.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Everding, Richard, 1838-1915
- Farrell, Sylvester, 1833-1909
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Food industry and trade -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indentures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Land surveys Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Legal documents Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Logging -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pillar Rock Packing Company
- Salmon canning industry -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Seufert Brothers Company
- Washougal (Wash.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Wholesale trade -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Everding and Farrell Co. Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA