Brownsville Woolen Mill records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of two loose oversize volumes, and one box that contains eight volumes.
The box contains:
a ledger/order book, 1902-1910;
three journals (1902-1904; 1907-1913; and 1928) with information arranged by date;
three day books (1902-1904; 1908-1910; 1910-1912);
one small insurance record book, 1925.
The oversize volumes consist of one journal (1902-1904), and one ledger (1902-1910).
- Brownsville Woolen Mill (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Brownsville Woolen Mill was located in Brownsville, Oregon since the 1860s. The original main building was destroyed by a fire in 1955. The Mill was later rebuilt.
3 linear feet (3 containers) : 1 record storage box, 1 flat box, and 1 oversize flat box
Language of Materials
The Brownsville Woolen Mill was located in Brownsville, Oregon since the 1860s; the original main building was destroyed by a fire in 1955. The collection (1902-1913) contains the surviving records of the Mill including financial ledgers, journals, and day books.
Collection processed by staff in the 1970s; and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Brownsville (Or.) -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Brownsville Woolen Mill
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Brownsville Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cashbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Journals (accounts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wool industry -- Oregon -- Brownsville -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Brownsville Woolen Mill Records
- Revise Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA