Red Star Roller Mills records
Scope and Contents
The financial records in the collection consist of two daybooks (1892-1900), and one ledger (1892-1893).
The biography describes the Robertson family in Indiana and Oregon, the work in flour mills, and also describes an overland journey from Indiana to Oregon in 1873.
- Creation: 1892-1900
- Red Star Roller Mills (Turner, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The company Red Star Roller Mills, a flouring mill, was located in Turner, Oregon. The collection (1892-1900) contains financial ledgers and day books, and a biography of George Frank Robertson which describes an overland journey to Oregon.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
Genre / Form
- Indiana -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Oregon -- Social life and customs -- 19th century
- Turner (Or.) -- History -- 19th century
- Guide to the Red Star Roller Mills Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).