Scope and Contents
The papers include a "manuscript edition" (mimeographed) of Oscar Prieger's Exposition of the Christian Religion (Eugene, Oregon, n.d.). There is also an exchange of 8 long letters between Prieger and Dr. Wilhelm Streich of Alto Parana, Paraguay.
- Prieger, Oscar A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Oscar A. Prieger was an author and publisher of his work and others. He was associated with the American Religious Liberty Association, Washington, D.C., of which his brother, Albert F. Prieger, was president.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Prieger was a self-styled author and publisher associated with the American Religious Liberty Association, Washington, D.C. The collection includes Prieger's Exposition of the Christian Religion (Eugene, Ore., n.d.) and letters between Prieger and Dr. Wilhelm Streich of Alto Parana, Paraguay.
1 folder, including 8 letters
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, American -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Christianity and politics -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Paraguay Subject Source: Local sources
- Religion Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Oscar A. Prieger Manuscript and Letters
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.