Philander Powell journal of a trip from Arkansas to California
Scope and Contents note
Collection consists of a typed copy of Philander Powell's journal.
- Powell, Philander (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Philander Powell travelled from Arkansas to California via Denver, Camp Floyd, Utah, and the Carson River in 1860.
0.1 linear feet (1 folders)
Language of Materials
This collection contains the history of Philander Powell's trip across the plains from Arkansas to California during April 19, 1860-October 10, 1860.
Collection is located with other small manuscript collections.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Overland journals Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Overland journeys to the Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Powell, Philander
- Guide to the Philander Powell journal of a trip from Arkansas to California
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Rose M. Smith
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.