Sarah Louise Porter diary
Scope and Contents
Sarah Porter's diary includes a few notes for each day from 1880 to 1887. Sometimes she just comments on the weather, other times on events and her family.
- Porter, Sarah Louise, 1854-1892 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Sarah Louise Porter (1854-1892) was born in Marion County Oregon September 16th, 1854. She is the daughter of William Porter (1812-1899) and his second wife, Martha Coffee Porter.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Sarah Porter was born in Marion County Oregon September 16th, 1854 and was the daughter of William Porter. Her diary makes a few notes of each day, sometimes just on the weather.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oregon -- Marion County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marion County (Or.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Porter, Sarah Louise, 1854-1892
- Women Pioneers -- Oregon -- Diaries Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Sarah Porter Diary
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA