Willamette Draying and Forwarding Co. journal and day book
Scope and Contents
The collection (1870-1871) contains a journal and a day book.
The day book contains descriptions of assets, transactions, jobs, cash received, and payouts, from 1870 to 1871.
The journal is organized by account name or type of cargo, and includes associated costs, and is also from 1870-1871.
- Willamette Draying and Forwarding Co. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.5 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 volumes
Language of Materials
Willamette Draying and Forwarding Co. was incorporated in Portland, Oregon, on January 17, 1870, by Robert, James, and John Holman, and George W. Taylor, and it exists today as the Holman Distribution Center, a warehousing and transportation company. The collection (1870-1871) contains a journal and a day book.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Preston McMann.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Delivery of goods -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Freight forwarders -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Journals (accounts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Portland (Or.) -- commerce Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Willamette Draying and Forwarding Co.
- Guide to the Willamette Draying and Forwarding Co. Journal and Day Book
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).