Eastern Oregon steamship log
Scope and Contents
The collection (February 12, 1887 - May 19, 1887) contains a trip log, and includes daily entries starting from Jersey City to San Francisco via the Strait of Magellen.
- Eastern Oregon (Ship) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
The commander of the Eastern Oregon steamship was S. E. Young, and in 1887 it began a voyage for the purpose of delivering the ship to its new owners, the Oregon Railroad and Navigation Co. The collection (February 12, 1887 - May 19, 1887) contains a trip log.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Eastern Oregon (Ship)
- Logs (records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ocean travel -- History -- 19th century -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Railway and Navigation Company
- Ships' logs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Steam-navigation -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Steamboats Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Eastern Oregon Steamship Log
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).