Portland Hebrew Sick Benefit Association treasurer's books
Scope and Contents
The collection (1933-1937; 1940-1958) consists of five volumes of treasurer's record books.
- 1933-1937; 1940-1958
- Portland Hebrew Sick Benefit Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.5 linear feet (5 volumes)
Language of Materials
Portland Hebrew Sick Benefit Association was founded by Russian and East European Jews of Portland, Oregon, and assisted members with death benefits, tombstones, and contributions to Histadrut, a labor federation in Israel. The collection (1933-1937; 1940-1958) consists of five volumes of treasurer's record books.
Collection processed by staff in the 1970s; and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Economic assistance, American -- Israel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fraternal organizations -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Histadrut ha-kelalit shel ha-'ovdim be-Erets-Yiśra'el
- Jewish Americans Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Jews -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Portland (Or.) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Portland Hebrew Sick Benefit Association
- Guide to the Portland Hebrew Sick Benefit Association Treasurer's Books
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)