Scope and Contents
The collection consists of the log and ship's recipe book of Her Majesties packet Swiftsure from Falmouth toward Halifax and New York.
- Creation: April 13, 1820-May 25, 1820
- Swiftsure (Ship) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
The collection consists of the log and ship's recipe book of Her Majesty's packet Swiftsure from Falmouth toward Halifax and New York.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
Genre / Form
- Great Britain -- commerce -- History -- 19th century
- Halifax (N.S.) -- commerce -- Great Britain
- New York (N.Y.) -- commerce -- Great Britain
- Guide to the Swiftsure (Ship) Log and Recipe Book
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).