E. C. M. Rand report on Northwest railroads
Scope and Contents
The typed report includes transactions of payments and stock, transcriptions of meeting minutes, and other transcribed supporting documents such as articles of incorporation and legislative acts. The business transactions of T. Egenton Hogg are explicitly reported on.
- Rand, E. C. M. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
E. C. M. Rand was commissioned to investigate and report of the affairs of the Willamette Valley and Coast R. R., and the Oregon Pacific R. R.
New York bondholders who commissioned the investigation were dissatisfied with the administration of T. Egenton Hogg.
0.05 linear feet (2 folders. )
Language of Materials
E. C. M. Rand was commissioned in 1893 to investigate and report of the affairs of the Willamette Valley and Coast railroad and the Oregon Pacific railroad.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Articles of incorporation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hogg, T. Egenton
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Pacific Railroad Company
- Railroad companies -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- Northwest, Pacific -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rand, E. C. M.
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transportation—Rail—Oregon Pacific Railroad Co. Subject Source: Photosub
- Willamette Valley and Coast Railroad
- Guide to the E. C. M. Rand report on Northwest Railroads
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).