Coos Bay and Coquille Transportation Co. records
Scope and Contents
The collection (July 11, 1873 - February 11, 1876) contains meeting minutes, and treasurer's reports.
Minutes include meetings of the board of directors and also the stockholders.
- 1873, July 11 -1876, February 11
- Coos Bay and Coquille Transportation Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
Coos Bay and Coquille Transportation Co. was a steamboat company and the original directors were Nat H. Lane, Charles Merchant, and C. B. Golden. The collection (July 11, 1873 - February 11, 1876) contains meeting minutes and treasurer's reports.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Mr. and Mrs. Edward Shepherd, in 1942.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Coos Bay (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Coos Bay and Coquille Transportation Company
- Coquille (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Steamboat lines -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Coos Bay and Coquille Transportation Co. Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).