Regular Donkey Club records
Scope and Contents
The collection (1872-1876) contains a ledger volume that consists of constitution, by-laws, and minutes.
Fictitious names include Jack Junk and Sly Sam. Minutes include a joint meeting of the Regular Donkey Club and the Regular Humbug Club.
- Regular Donkey Club (Salem, Or.) (Organization)
- Regular Humbug Club (Salem, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Regular Donkey Club, of Salem, Oregon, was a male social club. The club was formed August 11, 1867, and consisted of four regular, and three honorary, members. Minutes were not kept until April 4, 1872. All member names are fictitious.
0.025 linear feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
The Regular Donkey Club, of Salem, Oregon, was male social club. The collection (1872-1876) contains constitution, by-laws, and minutes.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Bylaws (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clubs -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Constitutions Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Men -- Oregon -- Salem -- Societies and clubs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Regular Donkey Club (Salem, Or.)
- Regular Humbug Club (Salem, Or.)
- Salem (Or.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the Regular Donkey Club Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA