Stephens-Weatherford Co. records
Scope and Contents
The record book contains a journal of expenses (pages 1-69), and a ledger of accounts (pages 70-140).
The journal portion of the book is organized by date, and includes a listing of transactions, including expenses, savings, profits, and losses.
The ledger portion of the book is organized by account name, and then within each account page, by transaction. This portion of the book also contains accounting pages organized by type of financial information, including profit and loss, dividends, taxes, and expenses, among others.
The record book includes index pages to the ledger portion.
- Stephens-Weatherford Co. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.25 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
Stephens-Weatherford Co. was a timber holding company headquartered in Albany, Oregon. The collection (1919-1945) contains one record book that contains a journal of expenses, and a ledger of accounts.
Collection processed by staff in the 1970s, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Albany Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holding companies -- Oregon -- Albany Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Journals (accounts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lumber trade -- Oregon -- Albany Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stephens-Weatherford Co.
- Guide to the Stephens-Weatherford Co. Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA