Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company records
Scope and Contents note
The Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company records consist of a treasurer's book that spans November 1861 to October 1864. The book is a ledger of credits and debits for the company, which was based in Jacksonville, Oregon.
- Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
The Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company was a small mining company based out of Jacksonville, Oregon in the 1860s. The company was short lived, and there is no record of substantial land holdings or significant findings. There is also no record of the chain of ownership of the small company. The treasurer's book, the only volume in the collection, was used as Exhibit C in a court preceding.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
The Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company Records includes one bound volume. The volume is the Treasurer's Book spanning, which spans three years, 1861-1864.
The materials are arranged in chronological order in one bound volume.
- Account books -- Oregon -- Jacksonville -- "1861" Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Gold mines and mining -- Oregon -- Jacksonville Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and Mineral Resources Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company
- Guide to the Rough and Ready Quartz Mining Company Records
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Jenny Palm
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA