KOIN Radio Station records
Scope and Contents
The collection (1926-1952) contains articles of incorporation, stockholder's and Board of Director's meeting minutes, stock subscription information, and correspondence.
- KOIN (Radio station : Portland, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.25 linear feet (3 containers) : 2 folders, 1 volume
Language of Materials
KOIN Radio Station of Portland, Oregon was incorporated by C. W. Myers, Harry W. Ely, and D. M. Smith in 1926 and was dissolved in 1952. The collection (1926-1952) contains articles of incorporation, stockholder's and Board of Director's meeting minutes, stock subscription information, and correspondence.
Collection processed by staff in the 1970s; and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Articles of incorporation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ely, Harry W.
- Myers, C. W., active 1926-1952
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radio broadcasting -- Oregon -- Portland -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radio stations -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, D. M., active 1926-1952
- Guide to the KOIN Radio Station Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA