Methodist Mission Store account book
Scope and Contents
Balance sheets kept in the book include the accounts of Alanson Beers, Winslow Anderson, Pierre Belleque, J. Delord, George W. Ebbert, John Edmunds [Pickernell], Joseph Gale, George Gay, Joseph Gervais, Felix Hathaway, Webley Hauxhurst, Francoise X. Laderoute, Daniel Lee, David Leslie, Etienne Lucier, James O'Neil, Andre Picard, Charles Plante, Charles Rondeau, J. Rowland, Cyrus Shepard, Margaret J. Smith, [Mrs. M. J. Bailey], Calvin Tibbetts, William Turner, Josiah L. Whitcomb, Elijah White, B. Williams, William H. Willson, and Ewing Young.
- Beers, Alanson, 1808-1853 (Person)
- Methodist Mission Store (Salem, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Methodist Mission Store was established along the banks of the Willamette River in what is now Salem, Oregon. There, surplus manufactured goods were traded for items such as lumber or food stuffs with the French Canadian settlers and the Native Americans. The book was kept by Alanson Beers, a Methodist Missionary and early Pioneer who came to Oregon with Elijah White.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Account book of the Methodist Mission Store.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gale, Joseph, 1807-1881
- Methodist Church -- Missions -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- White, Elijah, 1806-1879
- Guide to the Methodist Mission Store Account Book
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA