David McCully Butcher Store account book
Scope and Contents
The butcher shop account book is organized by account name, and is very full of information.
The records of the general store can be found in the People's Transportation Co. records; please see the related materials note.
- McCully, David, 1814-1906 (Person)
- David McCully Butcher Store (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
David McCully, came to Oregon from Iowa in 1852, and became a joint owner (with A.A. McCully) of a general store, and of a butcher shop in Salem. He was also one of the incorporators of People's Transportation Co, in 1862.
His daughter, Mary J. McCully, married John Creighton, and McCully also later invest in some of Creighton's enterprises.
0.025 linear feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
David McCully was an Oregon pioneer who became a successful businessman, owning a general store and butcher shop in Salem, Oregon, and as one of the incorporators of People's Transportation Co, in 1862. The collection (1875) contains an account book for the butcher shop in Salem.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Account books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Butcher shops -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- David McCully Butcher Store
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the David McCully Butcher Store Account Book
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA