Nathaniel Myer diary of a trip to the Rogue River Valley
Scope and Contents
Nathaniel Myer's diary recounts his 1853 travels from Van Buren, Iowa to the Rogue River Valley of Oregon. His diary includes descriptions of the weather and landscapes along with events.
- Myer, Nathaniel (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Nathaniel Myer (1786-1870) was a pioneer and millwright who traveled from Van Buren, Iowa to the Rogue River Valley of Oregon in 1853. His son W.C Myer who migrated over with the family during 1853 became well known as a Rogue River Valley grain produceer and cattle breeder.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Nathaniel Myer's diary recounts his travels from Van Buren, Iowa to the Rogue River Valley of Oregon. His diary includes descriptions of the weather and landscapes along with events.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Journals (accounts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Josephine County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Nathaniel Myer Diary of a Trip to the Rogue River Valley
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Amanda Steele
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.