Huddleston Store ledger
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of a single ledger for the Huddleston general store, 1853-1854. A list of members of the Huddleston family is on the last page of the ledger.
- Huddleston, James, 1824-1890 (Person)
- Huddleston Store (Eugene, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Huddleston Store was a general store in Eugene, Oregon run by members of the Huddleston family, including Oregon pioneer James Huddleston.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
The Huddleston Store was a general store in Eugene, Oregon run by members of the Huddleston family, including Oregon pioneer James Huddleston. Collection consists of a single ledger for the Huddleston general store, 1853-1854.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- City and Town Life Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Eugene (Or.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Frontier and pioneer life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- General stores -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Retail Trade Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Huddleston Store Ledger
- Preliminary Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA