Halsey Building Association financial records
Scope and Contents
Financial records consist of a day book, a cash book, and two ledgers.
The day book includes minutes and communication of the association, from 1892-1900.
Information in the cash book is organized by date, and includes event names and prices.
One of the ledgers was the Secretary's cash book, and information is organized by date (1892-1899), complete with a description of the type of event and prices.
The second ledger is organized by account name, and also includes hall up-keep and repair expenses.
- Halsey Building Association (Halsey, Or.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Halsey Building Association built a hall in Halsey, Oregon. Organizations rented out the hall for dances, parties, vaudeville shows, and for group meetings, during the late 1800s.
0.25 linear feet (4 containers) : 4 folders in a multiple collection record storage box
Language of Materials
The Halsey Building Association built a hall in Halsey, Oregon and rented out for dances, events, and to it to local groups for meetings. The collection (1892-1900) contains financial records of the association that include the date, price, and type of event held at the hall.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Halsey Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cashbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Halsey Building Association (Halsey, Or.)
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Social life and customs -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Halsey Building Association Financial Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)