Forest Grove Door and Lumber Company minute book
Scope and Contents
The Forest Grove Door and Lumber Company collection contains a minute book of the board of directors and loose correspondence.
- Forest Grove Door and Lumber Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Forest Grove Door and Lumber Company was the sucessor to J.L. Smith and Son. The company produced finish lumber including sashes and mouldings as well as furniture.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Forest Grove Door and Lumber Co was the sucessor to J.L. Smith and Son and manufactured lumber, sash, moulding, and furniture. The Forest Grove Door and Lumber Co. collection contains a minute book of the board of directors and loose correspondence.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Accounting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cabinetmakers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Lumbering -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Forest Grove Door and Lumber Company Minute Book
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.