F. B. Dunn General Store ledger and day book
Scope and Contents
Records include a ledger, 1859-1864, and a two volume day book, 1863-1865. There is also a folder of loose papers removed from a day book, mostly regarding finances.
- F. B. Dunn General Store (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The F. B. Dunn store of Eugene, Oregon was first a general store, then a dry goods establishment.
0.3 linear feet (3 containers) : 1 folder and 2 volumes
Language of Materials
Record include a ledger, 1859-1864, and a two volume day book, 1863-1865. The F. B. Dunn store was first a general store, then a dry goods establishment.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Dry-goods -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- General stores -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the F. B. Dunn General Store Ledger and Day Book
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA