Drain and Company records
Scope and Contents
The Drain and Company records include a journal, 1877-1878, a ledger, 1879-1889, and a cash book, 1890-1896.
- Drain and Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Drain and Company firm was a general merchandise store in Drain, Oregon.
0.4 linear feet (1 container) : 3 volumes
Language of Materials
Collection includes a journal, 1877-1878, a ledger, 1879-1889, and a cash book, 1890-1896. The firm was a general merchandise store.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Drain (Or.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- General stores -- Oregon -- Drain Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Drain and Company Records
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA