Scope and Contents
The records include one volume of documentation of the elections of the officers, articles, and board minutes for the Salem, Oregon office of the Alden Fruit Preserving Company.
- Alden Fruit-Preserving Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Alden Fruit Preserving Company was an early dried fruit packer formed in 1874. Headquartered in New York, Alden had offices in California and Oregon.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
The Alden Fruit Preserving Co was located in Salem, Oregon. Their records include one volume documenting the elections of the officers, articles, and board minutes.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- Oregon -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business enterprises -- Oregon -- Salem Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Fruit processing plants -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Alden Fruit Preserving Company records
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.