Lee Moorhouse letters received
Scope and Contents
The collection (1900-1913) contains letters received concerning photographs taken, or to be taken, by him.
There are a total of thirteen letters. Correspondents include Timothy W. Davenport, Eva E. Dye, George H. Himes, Katherine B. Judson, and Ezra Meeker.
- Moorhouse, Lee, 1850-1926 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Lee Moorhouse (1850-1922) was an Indian Agent for the Umatilla Indian Reservation, and an amateur photographer. The collection (1900-1913) contains letters received concerning photographs taken, or to be taken, by him.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Davenport, T. W. (Timothy Woodbridge)
- Dye, Eva Emery, 1855-1947
- Himes, George H., 1844-1940
- Indian agents -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Judson, Katharine Berry
- Meeker, Ezra, 1830-1928
- Moorhouse, Lee, 1850-1926
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographers -- Oregon -- Pendleton Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Lee Moorhouse Letters Received
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA