Dorothy Morrison literary manuscripts
Scope and Contents
The collection is a small one, containing manuscripts for two pieces, The Eagle and the Fort and Ladies were not Expected.
- Morrison, Dorothy Nafus (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Dorothy Nafus Morrison is known for her work as a children's author and an educator. She was born in Nashua, Iowa. She married twice, Carl V. Morrison, a psychiatrist and Robert C. Hunter, an attorney.
Dorothy Morrison attended University of Northern Iowa, and received a B.A. degree from the University of Iowa. She was a music teacher in public schools in Iowa. She taught stringed instruments in public schools in Beaverton, Oregon from 1954-1966. She began her writing career in 1965.
0.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Dorothy Morrison was an educator and writer. The collection includes manuscripts for two pieces, The Eagle and the Fort and Ladies Were Not Expected.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series: Literary Manuscripts
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, 1979.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Children's literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Duniway, Abigail Scott, 1834-1915
- Feminists -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- McLoughlin, John, 1784-1857
- Morrison, Dorothy Nafus
- Northwest, Pacific -- History -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Biography -- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Dorothy Nafus Morrison Literary Manuscripts
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA