Henry Castor (1909 - ) was an author who wrote non-fiction children's literature regarding war. The collection (1953-1971) includes book-length manuscripts, correspondence with publishers and the U.S. Army, and a photocopy of a letter from Harry S. Truman.
- Castor, Henry, 1909- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Henry Castor (1909 - ) was an author who wrote non-fiction children's literature regarding war. Book titles include America's First World War: General Pershing and the Yanks, Fifty-Four Forty or Fight!: A Showdown Between America and England Settles the Oregon Question and The Tripolitan War, 1801-1805: America Meets the Menace of the Barbary Pirates.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by Gail McMillan, 1979.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Authors and publishers -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Castor, Henry, 1909-
- Castor, Henry, 1909-
- Children's literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Doubleday & Company, Inc.
- Juvenile literature Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948
- Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972
- War stories Subject Source: Local sources
- War stories, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Henry Castor Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).