Robert B. Dresser papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains copies of articles, pamphlets, speeches and testimony that are grouped by type, topic, or purpose, and are then organized chronologically within each grouping. An item level listing is available in the paper finding aid in the Reading Room.
A later accession contains additional writings and oversize pamphlets.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
3 linear feet (2 containers) : 1 record storage box and 1 flat box
Language of Materials
Robert B. Dresser (1880-1976) wrote right-wing articles and speeches and testified on a number of political topics including the cold war, communism, fair housing legislation, and civil rights. The collection (1939-1975) contains copies of his articles, pamphlets, speeches and testimony.
Material within this collection has been organized by accession. This organization reflects the fact that the collection has been acquired in increments over time. This organization is also based on the decision not to merge the various accessions and organize them as a whole at this point in time, give the fact that future accruals are anticipated and/or that this organization is deemed sufficient for access.
Researchers should note that materials within a series or accession may overlap and/or relate to materials found in other accessions or initially processed materials. For example, correspondence may be found in all or only some groupings. In order to locate all relevant material within this collection, researchers may need to consult each accession.
Researchers should also note that similar materials can be arranged differently in each accession, depending on how the material is organized upon receipt or during initial processing. For instance, correspondence is one accession may be arranged alphabetically, while correspondence in another accession is arranged chronologically.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1977, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing. Multiple accession(s) for the collection have not been merged or organized as a whole. Each accession is described separately.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Articles Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Communism -- United States -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conservatism -- United States -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conservative literature -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conservatives -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dresser, Robert B. (Robert Bartlett), 1880-1976
- Pamphlets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Politics and Politicians Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Testimonies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Robert B. Dresser Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA