Shelby Shackelford papers
Shelby Shackelford (1899-1987) was an author and illustrator of works on natural history. Collection includes correspondence, manuscripts (book length), short stories, articles, Illustrations, scratchboard, Illustration proofs, book reviews, and other miscellaneous papers regarding Shackelford.
- circa 1899-1960
- Shackelford, Shelby, 1899-1987 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Shelby Shackelford (1899-1987) was an author and illustrator of works on natural history.
1.5 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
Collection is organized into the following series: Correspondence, Manuscripts (book length), Short Stories, Short Story Collection, Articles, Illustrations, Illustrations not accompanied by text, Scratchboard, Gouache, Illustration Proofs, Book Reviews, and Miscellaneous.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustrations Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Natural history illustration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Proofs (printed matter) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shackelford, Shelby, 1899-1987
- Tear sheets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Shelby Shackelford Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA