Scope and Contents
The Joseph Edward Van Wormer papers represent the bulk of Van Wormer's literary output of children's books. The collection also includes manuscript material for an adult non-fiction work. Materials include incoming and outgoing professional correspondence and typed and edited drafts for the following publications:
- There's a Marmot on the Telephone (Caxton, 1974)
- The World of the Black Bear (Lippincott, 1966)
- The World of the Bobcat (Lippincott, 1964)
- The World of the Canada Goose (Lippincott, 1968)
- The World of the Coyote (Lippincott, 1964)
- The World of the Moose (Lippincott, 1972)
- The World of the Pronghorn (Lippincott, 1969)
- The World of the Swan (Lippincott, 1972)
- Van Wormer, Joe (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Edward Van Wormer (1913-1998) was an Oregonian wildlife photographer and author.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Joseph Edward Van Wormer (1913-1998) was an Oregonian wildlife photographer and author. The collection includes Van Wormer's literary manuscripts for eight books about animals of the Northwest, mostly for children, and related correspondence.
Processing Information note
Processed by Alexa Goff, 2019.
- Guide to the Joseph Edward Van Wormer papers
- Complete Description
- Alexa Goff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.