Dugald W. L. MacGregor correspondence
Scope and Contents
Dugald W.L. MacGregor's correspondence is contained in a letterpress book. Correspondence primarily concerns commercial affairs of the Buenos Aires office of Balfour, Williamson & Company, particularly trade in Pacific Northwest lumber.
- MacGregor, Dugald W. L., 1880- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Dugald W. L. MacGregor (1880- ) was manager of the Buenos Aires office of Balfour, Williamson and Company in 1905. He was born in India in 1880 and graduated from George Watson's College in Edinburgh, Scotland. He worked as the manager of the Portland branch of Balfour, Williamson from 1912 and then became vice- president.
0.15 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
MacGregor was manager of the Buenos Aires office of Balfour, Williamson in 1905. The correspondence in this letterpress book concerns commercial affairs, particularly trade in Pacific Northwest lumber.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Accounting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Balfour, Williamson and Company
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- International trade Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Lumbering -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Timber -- Economic aspects -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Dugald W. L. MacGregor Correspondence
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.