FAC. University of Oregon Faculty Papers
Found in 24 Collections and/or Records:
Eric W. Allen (1879-1944 ) was the first Dean of the School of Journalism, University of Oregon, and held that post from 1916 to his death in 1944. The collection (1917-1934) contains personal and professional correspondence, and a few manuscripts.
The American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) purpose is to advance academic freedom and to ensure higher education's contribution to the common good. Records include correspondence, minutes, committee reports, membership lists, programs, office files, faculty unions and bargaining information, hearings and legal records, salary research materials, and records on the 1952 Loyalty Oath controversy.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
The Beekman family consists of Cornelius C. Beekman, the founder and owner of Beekman Bank in Jacksonville, Oregon; his son Benjamin Beekman, a Portland, Oregon lawyer and UO Law School faculty member; and his daughter Carrie Beekman, who donated substantially to the University of Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, diaries, miscellaneous manuscripts and publications, scrapbooks and photographs.
Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist, and a professor at the University of Oregon. The collection (1870-1900; 1946) contains correspondence, Condon's class teaching record, UO Board of Regents meeting minutes, a catalogue of the Condon specimen collection, geology publications, and photographs of minerals, specimens, the Condon family, and fossils.
Democratic National Convention (1968) delegate materials collected by Charles T. Duncan, newspaper reporter, author, journalism professor, and Dean of the School of Journalism at the University of Oregon (1956-1963).
Allen H. Eaton (1878-1962) was an advocate, author, curator, and art historian of American craft. The collection includes personal letters sent to his cousin, Mabel E. McClain of Eugene, Oregon.
Alice Henson Ernst (1880-1980) was a playwright, teacher, freelance writer, and reporter. The collection (1951-1974) consists of correspondence from Ernst to Hazel Mills, often concerning Ernst's books Trouping in the Oregon Country and The Wolf Ritual of the Northwest Coast.
The Faculty Advisory Council at the University of Oregon is a university standing committee responsible for providing the President and other administration officials with faculty opinion and counsel on a wide range of university affairs. The collection (1913-1988) contains a history of the council, minutes, memoranda, reports, and curriculum files.
Faculty bulletins and scrapbooks contain memos, correspondence and bulletins produced by and for the faculty of the University of Oregon between 1914-1931 and preserved in 31 scrapbooks.
The Howe family comprises Henry Clay Howe (1832-1889) and his wife Letitia, their son Herbert C. Howe (1872-1940) and daughter Lillian Howe. The collection contains diaries, correspondence, photographs, and genealogical papers of the Howe family, manuscripts by Herbert C. Howe, and a ledger of the Oswego Canal Company of NY.
The Adams family includes William Lysander Adams, his son John W. Johnson, (first president of University of Oregon), his son Herbert S. Johnson, and family members Olive Frances Goodell, Helen E. Adams, Inez Adams Parker, and Thomas McBride. The collection (1929) contains a scrapbook created by Herbert S. Johnson of Adams and Goodell family documents, correspondence, and genealogical research.
Alfred L. Lomax (1892-1982) was a Professor of Business Administration (Pacific Northwest industrial history) at the University of Oregon. The collection consists of research correspondence, manuscripts, research materials, published articles and photographs.
Ken Metzler was a Professor of Journalism at the University of Oregon and published a book about UO acting President Charles E. Johnson, titled Confrontation: The Destruction of a College President in 1973. The collection contains Metzler’s working and research files for that book including correspondence by and about Charles E. Johnson, clippings, publications, notes, and manuscripts.
This collection contains letters sent to Elizabeth Perry; c. 1920s -1980s. Letters are from “Auntie” Florence Sheldon and James Ferguson along with other correspondence within Elizabeth Perry’s family. One letter is to Lester Perry, brother of Florence. Some letters have the University of Oregon letterhead. Early correspondence is from Florence P. Sheldon (wife of Henry D. Sheldon, UO faculty) including descriptions of university life and activities as well as family and life in Eugene.
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
The University of Oregon Constitution invests the statutory faculty with governing power of the university, and the faculty in turn delegates governance to the elected members of the University (faculty) Senate. The collection (1933-2010) includes records of the Faculty Assembly, the Senate, and the Faculty-Student Council, and material includes minutes, reports, plans, task force, caucus, and committee documents, and audio recordings of meetings.
Before he became the President of United States, Woodrow Wilson was a professor and also President of Princeton University. The collection contains a letter dated April 11, 1894 from Wilson to Luella Clay Carson, who was the head of the Department of English at University of Oregon at that time.