Found in 63 Collections and/or Records:
The American Institute of Architects had a Southwest Oregon Chapter. The collection (1952-1962) contains meeting minutes, executive board minutes, reports to the executive, financial reports, membership information, events, and printed matter.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
Percy Dwight Bentley (1885-1968) was an architect from the Midwest who practiced in Lane County, Oregon from 1939-1961. His early work shows the influence of Frank Lloyd Wright and Louis Sullivan. The collection documents his work from 1951-1962 and includes churches, residences, and commercial structures.
Lloyd Bond was a Landscape Architect who worked out of Eugene, Oregon, primarily on projects in Oregon but also in the Pacific Northwest. The collection includes client files and correspondence, office files, architectural drawings, and photographs.
Collection comprises architecture files of architect Herman Brookman, including drawings, specifications, correspondence, and photographs concerning 23 projects in Oregon. The photographs include images of design and architectural and decorative details, by professional photographers, of residences and several other structures designed by Brookman.
Claude R. Butcher (1900-1983) was an architect. The collection contains original drawings, layouts on tracing paper, blueprints, correspondence, and reference material.
Charles Gilman Davis (1918-1979) was an architect and educator. The C. Gilman Davis Papers include architectural project files, project drawings, and research and educational material that reflect his career as an architect and educator.
Collection comprises architectural plans and photographs related to the construction of the New Heathman Hotel, in Portland, Oregon in 1927; photographs of the interior of the Paramount Theatre, Portland; photographs of designs and finished buildings in Portland and elsewhere in Oregon; and plans for the residence of Mrs. J. W. DeYoung.
Alexander Vincent Dye (1876-1956) served in the U.S. foreign service in Mexico, Buenos Aires, and London. The collection contains professional and personal correspondence, reports on commercial and political affairs, trip summaries and memoranda, manuscript material, biographical information, mementos, and a scrapbook, 1897-1941.
Discusses Victorian residences built in Oregon with designs supplied by George F. Barber, architect in Knoxville, Tenn. Includes illustrations of the Barber homes, and mentions Palliser & Palliser, mail-order architectural firm in Bridgeport, Conn.
Arthur Erfeldt (1909-1993) was an Oregon landscape architect and graduate of the University of Oregon. The Arthur William Erfeldt collection consists primarily of landscape design plans and drawings.
The Eugene Print Collection assembles images of the city of Eugene and its vicinity. The majority of the images date from the 1880s-1920s.
Barbara Fealy (1903-2000) was a landscape architect who primarily practiced in the Pacific Northwest. The Barbara Fealy landscape architectural records include her firm’s architectural drawings, client files, and photographs.
The collection consists of thirty-four images documenting three houses on Fowler Street (#327, 337, and 357) in Roseburg, Oregon. The purpose of the collection is to document the properties for historical mitigation as required by local agencies.
John Gates (1827-1888) was a construction engineer for the Oregon Steam Navigation Co. and the Oregon Railway and Navigation Co. From 1885 to 1888, he served as mayor of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists of correspondence, financial records, legal documents, diaries, scrapbook pages, steamboat plans and inventions, and photographs.
Walter Henry Gerke (c. 1891-1982) and Florence Holmes Gerke (1896-1964) were landscape architects. The collection contains 2 flat file folders of architectural plans reflecting their work on the Bonneville Power Navigation project and the Washington Park Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon.
Gordon Gilkey portfolio "A Series of Etchings Showing the Construction Progress of the University of Oregon Library"
The Gordon Gilkey portfolio "A Series of Etchings Showing the Construction Progress of the University of Oregon Library" contains 15 line etchings detailing the progress of the construction of what is now the Knight Library at the University of Oregon.
The Hallock and Day Company was a partnership between Portland, Oregon architect and contractor Absalom Barrett Hallock and architect Lou Day. The ledger is an account book of final entry, in which business transactions of the company were recorded.
Collection comprises three albums of architectural photographs, circa 1910s-1930s, of Oregon high schools, banks, libraries, hotels, and residences designed by American architect Raymond W. Hatch.
Heritage Documentation Programs records: Historic American Buildings Survey and Historic American Engineering photographs (HABS) (HAER)
The Heritage Documentation Programs records: Historic American Buildings Survey and Historic American Engineering photograph collection contains materials that document achievements in architecture, engineering, and design in the United States, and includes photographs, project narratives, and architectural drawings.
Harry A. Herzog (1893-) was an architect in practice in Portland, Oregon, in the firm of Bennes & Herzog. Collection comprises architectural tracings, renderings, specifications and photographs for 27 commercial and residential architecture projects in the Portland, Oregon area by American architect Harry Albert Herzog.
Leslie D. Howell (1884-1969) was an architect and engineer in the Portland firm of Knighton & Howell. The projects are documented in architectural drawings and photographs, and consist of residences, commercial structures, educational institutions, and state offices, from 1912 to 1952.
Francis Keally was architect of the Oregon State capitol, and was consulted about alterations to it.
Frederick H. Kiser (1878-1955) and his brother, Oscar H. (d. 1904) had a popular commercial view studio in Warrendale, 1903-1905, and Portland, 1905-c. 1925. The collection consists of seven views of Oregon scenery from 1902-1920s.
Olaf Laurgaard (1880-1945) was city engineer of Portland, Oregon. The papers are correspondence, reports, plans, specifications, and drawings for a Portland, Oregon waterfront project, 1919-1933, and other city projects.
Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.
Lawrence, Tucker & Wallmann was an architectural firm in Portland, Oregon, from 1946-1960. It was the successor firm to Tucker and Wallmann, and Lawrence and Lawrence, two other Portland, Oregon firms. The principals of the firm were Abbott Lawrence, Ernest F. Tucker, and George R. Wallmann. The collection includes project files, drawings, and film.
Elizabeth Lord (1887-1976) and Edith Schryver (1901-1984) founded the Lord and Schryver landscape architecture firm in 1929 in Salem, Oregon. The Lord and Schryver landscape architectural records collection contains landscaping plans and drawings, correspondence, office files, subject files, photographs, brief biographical sketches, and notes relating to Lord’s and Schryver’s work as landscape architects.
The architectural firm of McKim, Mead, and White was formed in 1878. The collection contains a notice of a lien against Oregon and Transcontinental Company that was filed with the Multnomah County Clerk's office on February 18, 1885.