LOC/N. Fine Arts
Found in 89 Collections and/or Records:
Sally Elliot Allen (1880-1943) was a Pacific Northwest writer and playwright. The collection (1906-1943) contains play, novel, novelette, short-story, and poetry manuscript material, correspondence, published stories and poems, a scrapbook, mementos, and personal materials.
The American Institute of Architects had a Southwest Oregon Chapter. The collection (1952-1962) contains meeting minutes, executive board minutes, reports to the executive, financial reports, membership information, events, and printed matter.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
Wallace Baldinger was a professor of Art at University of Oregon, and later became Director of the Museum of Art (now the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art). The collection contains a manuscript written in 1983, by Baldinger, titled, "The University Museum of Art During My University Tenure, 1944-1970."
Percy Dwight Bentley (1885-1968) was an architect from the Midwest who practiced in Lane County, Oregon from 1939-1961. His early work shows the influence of Frank Lloyd Wright and Louis Sullivan. The collection documents his work from 1951-1962 and includes churches, residences, and commercial structures.
James Blue (1930-1980) was a filmmaker and educator. The collection contains production materials, film, videotape, audiotape interviews, photographs, research materials, teaching materials, personal and professional correspondence, mementos, and news clippings.
Lloyd Bond was a Landscape Architect who worked out of Eugene, Oregon, primarily on projects in Oregon but also in the Pacific Northwest. The collection includes client files and correspondence, office files, architectural drawings, and photographs.
Walter S. Bowman (1865-1938) was a professional photographer who worked in Pendleton, Oregon, from the late 1880s to the mid 1930s. Bowman’s photographs document daily life in Eastern Oregon, including special events such as the Pendleton Round-Up. The collection consists of almost 800 negatives and prints representative of the span of the photographer's work, but his noted images of tribal people were largely destroyed after his death.
Collection comprises architecture files of architect Herman Brookman, including drawings, specifications, correspondence, and photographs concerning 23 projects in Oregon. The photographs include images of design and architectural and decorative details, by professional photographers, of residences and several other structures designed by Brookman.
Bullfrog Information Service was a magazine published in Eugene, Oregon, from June, 1971 till February, 1972, that focused on news and articles for and about the Northwest alternative community. The collection contains correspondence, advertising and distribution records, eight published issues and one unpublished, original illustrations and advertising art, financial records, and unpublished articles and poetry.
Thomas J. Burns (1876-1957) was a political and social reformer and radical of Portland, Oregon. The collection consists primarily of broadsides, many published by Burns, as well as some minor correspondence.
William Cadbury has served at the University of Oregon since 1961 and continues to act as a professor of Emeritus in the English department today (2015). His study focuses on film theory and criticism. The Collection of William Cadbury’s Faculty Papers consists of a loose-leaf copy of his book titled Getting the Point: Film as Literature.
American photographer and graphic artist James Cloutier published a photo essay on Alpine, Oregon in 1977 and a poster map of Eugene, Oregon in 1985. Collection includes contact prints, mounted photographs, and negatives of approximately 70 images used in the illustration of Cloutier's book The Alpine Tavern, about Alpine, Or.
Henry Waldo Coe (1857-1927) was a Portland, Oregon, physician, patron of the arts, and member of the Progressive Party. The collection consists mainly of correspondence including letters from Theodore Roosevelt and the Roosevelt family (1907-1918), and correspondence, clippings and photographs concerning statues of Roosevelt, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Jeanne D'Arc commissioned by Coe.
Sketches of political cartoons concerning city and county issues which appeared in various issues of the Eugene Register-Guard newspaper.
Tee A. Corinne (1943-2006) is a photographer, artist, writer, and lesbian activist. The collection includes correspondence, literary manuscripts, artwork, photographs, artifacts, and other documents that reflect Corinne's life and work.
Pers Crowell (1910- 1965) was an illustrator of books for children and a painter of western scenes. The collection includes book manuscripts, art, and correspondence.
Charles Gilman Davis (1918-1979) was an architect and educator. The C. Gilman Davis Papers include architectural project files, project drawings, and research and educational material that reflect his career as an architect and educator.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Collection comprises architectural plans and photographs related to the construction of the New Heathman Hotel, in Portland, Oregon in 1927; photographs of the interior of the Paramount Theatre, Portland; photographs of designs and finished buildings in Portland and elsewhere in Oregon; and plans for the residence of Mrs. J. W. DeYoung.
Philip Dole (1921-2006) was an architect, professor, published writer and highly experienced in historic preservation. The collection contains a wide variety of correspondence, photos, works, notes, articles and many other reference files Dole used for his projects and publications on historical properties as well as for the classes he taught at the university.
June D. Drake was a commercial photographer in Silverton, Oregon, from 1904-1960. He used his photographs of Silver Falls in an active and successful campaign to establish Silver Falls State Park in 1931. The collection consists of 28 vintage prints in studio mounts, documenting landscape and events in the Silverton area. One series shows railroad construction.
Lee D. Drake (1882-1957) was a newspaper owner and civic promoter in Pendleton and Astoria, Oregon. The Lee D. Drake papers consists of correspondence, clippings, financial reports, business reports, ephemera, and photographs regarding Drake’s business and community involvements.
Thomas Lamb Eliot (1841-1936) was a Unitarian minister who also served as treasurer, acting president, and a committee member of the Portland Art Association. The collection (1910-1915) contains correspondence and printed material related to the the Portland Art Association.
Discusses Victorian residences built in Oregon with designs supplied by George F. Barber, architect in Knoxville, Tenn. Includes illustrations of the Barber homes, and mentions Palliser & Palliser, mail-order architectural firm in Bridgeport, Conn.
Arthur Erfeldt (1909-1993) was an Oregon landscape architect and graduate of the University of Oregon. The Arthur William Erfeldt collection consists primarily of landscape design plans and drawings.
Alice Henson Ernst (1880-1980) was a playwright, teacher, freelance writer, and reporter. The collection (1951-1974) consists of correspondence from Ernst to Hazel Mills, often concerning Ernst's books Trouping in the Oregon Country and The Wolf Ritual of the Northwest Coast.