LOC/N. Fine Arts
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Roy C. Andrews papers
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
Wallace Baldinger papers
Wallace Baldinger was a professor of Art at University of Oregon, and later became Director of the Museum of Art (now the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art). The collection contains a manuscript written in 1983, by Baldinger, titled, "The University Museum of Art During My University Tenure, 1944-1970."
Department of Speech records
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art records
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
Ellis Fuller Lawrence papers
Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.
Hope Hughes Pressman papers
Horace Robinson papers
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
Marion Dean Ross papers
Marion Dean Ross (1913 - 1991) was a historian of architecture and design who taught at the University of Oregon and served as the Dean of the School of Architecture and Allied Arts at UO until his retirement in 1978. The collection consists of materials regarding architects, regional architecture, and specific buildings. A large amount of material relates to Oregon architecture, with an emphasis on Portland and Eugene.
School of Architecture and Allied Arts (AAA) scrapbooks
The School of Architecture and Allied Arts was founded in 1914. The collection contains fifty-seven scrapbooks that include articles, correspondence, photographs and memorabilia relating to the school, its faculty, staff and students, 1916-1968.
Janet Marshall Stevenson papers
Author Janet Marshall Stevenson (1913- ) has made contributions as a writer of civil rights, the women's movement and the arts. This collection contains manuscripts, holographs and photographs of her many short stories, articles and books; within this collection are research items and family papers associated with her biography of Robert W. Kenny, an influential liberal that championed the rights of several of the "Hollywood 10" before the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC).
Work Projects Administration Oregon Federal Art Project collection
In Oregon, artists and crafts people worked on Work Projects Administration (WPA) projects for schools, universities, hospitals, and the Forest Service. This collection includes photographs of paintings and murals that were installed in Oregon public schools, University of Oregon and Doernbecher Memorial Hospital for Children, Portland, Oregon. Of interest to the researcher is the collection of photographs of woodwork, art, and paintings for Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood, Oregon.
University Theatre records
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
W.P.A. Oregon Historical Records Survey records
The Historical Records Survey (H.R.S.) was initiated by the federal government in 1935 as one of five programs under the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A., renamed Work Projects Administration in 1939). All W.P.A. projects ended in February 1943, and most H.R.S. records were deposited in public repositories. The Oregon Historical Records Survey collection, arranged according to its original order, contains detailed documentation of Oregon history and records.