LOC/L/L3. Student Life
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
The Laurean and Eutaxian societies were student literary groups at the University of Oregon, founded in 1876 and 1877, respectively, and together they donated a book collection to UO in 1877 that would become the beginning of a University library. The collection contains meeting minutes, treasurer's and cash books, roll call, secretary's book, correspondence, a scrapbook, and volumes of the joint publication, The Reflector.
The University of Oregon had a "University Band" dating back to 1908, however the 1916 Oregana indicates the University of Oregon Band officially began in 1911, directed by Maurice Hyde. The Oregon Marching Band records contain paper records, photographs, audiovisual material, and artifacts relating to the Oregon Marching Band.