LOC/L/L3. Student Life
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
The mission of the UO Center on Diversity and Community (CoDaC) is to advance inclusive excellence through critical thinking and an ethic of care. The collection contains reports and VHS tapes on CoDaC projects concerning diversity and affirmative action.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
Founded in 1899, the Oregon Daily Emerald (ODE) is a student-run independent daily campus newspaper at the University of Oregon. The collection (1920-2004) contains photographs, negatives, and slides, assignment ledger, ODE issues, minutes, reports, correspondence, and office files.
Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha of Oregon chapter, became the first chapter in the state of Oregon in 1923. Collection (1903-1993) includes bulletins, meeting minutes, secretary's book, constitution, and annual reports.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.