LOC/L/L2. Higher Education
Found in 30 Collections and/or Records:
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
The Baker family, consisting of Walter H. Baker, his wife Ida S. Baker (nee Rawalt) and their three sons, William A., Walter R., and Paul, as well as Ida Baker's sister, Mary Hoffman (nee Rawalt), her husband William and their son Harlan, all moved to the Salem, Oregon area in the 1890s. The collection contains records of the Baker, Rawalt, and Hoffman family that include diaries, correspondence, photographs, negatives, and business records of Walter Baker.
The Black Student Union at the University of Oregon was formed in 1966. The collection consists of photographs and scrapbooks from 1978 to 1981.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
Robert Donald Clark (1910- ) was a professor of speech, author, public speaker, and university president. The Robert D. Clark Papers are comprised of correspondence, schoolwork, speeches, writings, research notes, publications, administrative reports and memoranda, and reference files.
Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist, and a professor at the University of Oregon. The collection (1870-1900; 1946) contains correspondence, Condon's class teaching record, UO Board of Regents meeting minutes, a catalogue of the Condon specimen collection, geology publications, and photographs of minerals, specimens, the Condon family, and fossils.
The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.
Geology has been offered at the University of Oregon since its establishment in 1876, and Thomas Condon was the first and only professor of Geology until 1904. Collection contains correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs, slides, and films.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
The Howe family comprises Henry Clay Howe (1832-1889) and his wife Letitia, their son Herbert C. Howe (1872-1940) and daughter Lillian Howe. The collection contains diaries, correspondence, photographs, and genealogical papers of the Howe family, manuscripts by Herbert C. Howe, and a ledger of the Oswego Canal Company of NY.
This collection is comprised of a scrapbook and three photographs documenting Helen Huntington's University of Oregon experience from 1918 to 1920.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
The Edward Wilson Kimbark papers contain the personal and professional manuscripts, correspondence, photographs and subject files of Edward Wilson Kimbark, who was an esteemed electrical engineer. The collection contains published material, personal notes from academic classes both taken and taught as well as personal diaries by both him and his first wife.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.
Carl F. Smith researched Thomas Condon and the Condon family. The collection (1875-1957) consists of correspondence, scrapbooks, publications and other printed matter, and photographs, all related to Thomas Condon and the Condon family.
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
Villard Hall was the second building opened on the University of Oregon campus in 1886. The records document the history of the building as well as planning around the centennial celebration.
Jonathan Wagner (1873- ?) became superintendent of schools at Las Cruces and Santa Fe, New Mexico, was then elected New Mexico superintendent of public instruction, then elected president of New Mexico Normal University, and from 1923 to 1930, served as chief of the Alaska Division of the U. S. Department of Education. The collection contains scrapbooks of correspondence, clippings, photographs and other material from Wagner's career in education, 1917-1933.