LOC/L/L1. Education, General
Found in 60 Collections and/or Records:
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The American Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (AAHPER) was founded on November 27, 1885, and the mission of the organization is to advance professional practice and promote research related to health and physical education, physical activity, dance, and sport. The collection (1930-1967) contains records from the North West District and material includes minutes, correspondence, by-laws, historical summary, and convention publications.
The American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) purpose is to advance academic freedom and to ensure higher education's contribution to the common good. Records include correspondence, minutes, committee reports, membership lists, programs, office files, faculty unions and bargaining information, hearings and legal records, salary research materials, and records on the 1952 Loyalty Oath controversy.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
The mission of the UO Center on Diversity and Community (CoDaC) is to advance inclusive excellence through critical thinking and an ethic of care. The collection contains reports and VHS tapes on CoDaC projects concerning diversity and affirmative action.
Clatsop County, Oregon School District No. 1 and J. Munson, entered into a legal agreement regarding land. The collection a legal document between the school district No. 1 and Munson, dated January 9, 1865.
James Harrison Collins (1836-1890) was a teacher, superintendent of schools, and a representative in the Oregon State Legislature. Collection contains 733 letters organized chronologically.
The Condon Lecture Series was created in 1944 by the Oregon State Board of Higher Education and was named after the University of Oregon's first geologist, Thomas Condon. The collection contains published and unpublished versions of lectures.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
Abigail Scott Duniway (1834-1915) was a leader in the women's suffrage movement in Oregon. The collection contains a letter dated April 11, 1914, that Duniway wrote to Barbara M. Booth, of Eugene, Oregon, in which Duniway describes her early education in Illinois, and her experiences as teacher in Oregon.
The collection contains a letter dated June 19, 1922 from Eva Emery Dye, an author and suffragist of Oregon City, to Fred Lockley. In the letter, Dye remarks about a camp at Bonneville that is being transformed into an event venue.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
Travelling chautauqua shows offered lectures, plays, and concerts of religious, classical, and popular music, and in 1912, J.R. Ellison joined with Clarence H. White in establishing the Ellison-White Chautauqua Bureau, headquartered in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains articles of incorporation, bylaws, minutes, articles, and programs, 1912-1928.
Travelling chautauqua shows offered lectures, plays, and concerts of religious, classical, and popular music, and in 1912, J.R. Ellison joined with Clarence H. White in establishing the Ellison-White Chautauqua Bureau, headquartered in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains seventeen scrapbooks (1931-1956) that include clippings, articles, programs, and other printed matter regarding the bureau's sponsored entertainment.
Lawrence Thomas Harris (1873-1960) served in the Oregon House of Representatives (1901-1903) and as a justice in the Oregon Supreme Court (1914-1924). The collection (1915-1918; 1923-1927) contains personal and political correspondence files and testimony from the Taxpayers Equalization League, a group that supported the Zorn-McPherson bill to consolidate higher education in Oregon.
Collection comprises three albums of architectural photographs, circa 1910s-1930s, of Oregon high schools, banks, libraries, hotels, and residences designed by American architect Raymond W. Hatch.
The High School Debating League was started by the Oregon Teacher Association and the University of Oregon contributed by publishing the Debating News newsletter, scheduling, and hosting the championship debate. The collection includes correspondence, programs, copies of the Debating News, and meeting minutes, 1910-1924.
Walter Huss (1918-2006) was a reverend, a businessman, a conservative who competed in Republican primaries in Oregon, and was chair of the Oregon Republican party from 1978-1979. The collection contains subject files on a variety of topics including conservative politics, Foursquare church and ministry, alternative medicine, Christian schools, and materials include financial records, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, and other printed matter, audio, and video tapes.
The collection contains multiple bound copies of a publication titled, Investment in the Future of Oregon, 1930; one copy is wrapped as a present to Burt Brown Baker. The publication explains why donors have invested (up to 1930) and should invest in the University of Oregon, who some of the donors were, the opportunities for investment, and changes that investments have brought about.
Typescripts for the radio program KOAC Library Hour, prepared under the direction of Martin Schmitt for the University of Oregon Library, 1952. Includes related correspondence (1951-1952), program schedules, and short critiques of the programs Stage Coach to Roseburg and The People L'arn done by high school students. Principal correspondents include Karl Hintz of the University of Oregon Library and William S. Forth of Oregon State College.
Dr. Cheris Kramarae (1938-) is a leading academic authority on the connections between language, gender, technology, and education who has taught at the University of Oregon and other institutions around the world. The papers include material related to teaching, research, conferences, and publications.
The collection consists of photocopies of the minutes of school directors meetings for Lane County School District Number One.
The Lay Council for Better Education for Lane County School District No. 69 was an organization that formed to promote school improvement. The collection (1956-1960) contains by-laws, meeting minutes, including Board of Director's and School Board minutes, correspondence, reports, and financial records.
The collection contains the District clerk's record books for Linn County, Oregon School District No. 74, created between 1900 and 1929; in 1919 district No. 52 and No. 74 were consolidated. The collection (1900-1929) consist of the record books which contain annual school board meeting minutes, financial reports, clerk's reports