LOC/L/L1. Education, General
Found in 26 Collections and/or Records:
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
The mission of the UO Center on Diversity and Community (CoDaC) is to advance inclusive excellence through critical thinking and an ethic of care. The collection contains reports and VHS tapes on CoDaC projects concerning diversity and affirmative action.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
Abigail Scott Duniway (1834-1915) was a leader in the women's suffrage movement in Oregon. The collection contains a letter dated April 11, 1914, that Duniway wrote to Barbara M. Booth, of Eugene, Oregon, in which Duniway describes her early education in Illinois, and her experiences as teacher in Oregon.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
Henry Davidson Sheldon was a faculty member at the University of Oregon in the field of education. This collection contains biographical material, correspondence, manuscripts and research materials, and photographs.
The collection consists of photocopies of the minutes of school directors meetings for Lane County School District Number One.
The Lay Council for Better Education for Lane County School District No. 69 was an organization that formed to promote school improvement. The collection (1956-1960) contains by-laws, meeting minutes, including Board of Director's and School Board minutes, correspondence, reports, and financial records.
The collection contains the District clerk's record books for Linn County, Oregon School District No. 74, created between 1900 and 1929; in 1919 district No. 52 and No. 74 were consolidated. The collection (1900-1929) consist of the record books which contain annual school board meeting minutes, financial reports, clerk's reports
The collection consists of a single volume of school records for Marion County School District 47, as well as two pieces of correspondence from 1947 relating to the acquisition of the volume.
Miles M. Miller, of Salem Oregon, wrote a letter dated July 30, 1868 , to L. J. Powell. The collection contains the letter in which Miller offers friendship, news, and reminds Powell that he has not yet paid his dues to the [Masonic?] Lodge.
In 1931, parents and teachers organized a Mission Bottom Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) for schools in the Mission-Bottom area. The collection (1931-1941) contains one volume of meeting minutes of the Mission Bottom PTA.
Multnomah School District number 1 was established in 1854 to service families in the Portland area of the Oregon Territory. The collection consists of a building contract and receipts.
The Multnomah County School District was established in 1854. The collection consists of correspondence and financial records of the District from 1858-1859.
Nancy Ryles was a Republican politician who served on both the Oregon House of Representatives (1979-1982) and the Oregon Senate (1983-1987). The Nancy Ryles papers include material relating to Ryles time as an Oregon legislator, including materials relating to Death with Dignity, education and schools, and her campaigns.
The Santiam Academy of Lebanon, Oregon, was built and run by the Methodist Church in the 1850s. The collection (1865-1869) contains manuscripts of periodicals created by students of the Academy.
Mary Stump was an author and journalist. The collection contains a journal (and transcription) of a steamer and overland trip from Monmouth, Oregon to the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia in 1876. Also included is a scrapbook of essays, clippings, performance reports, and programs largely relating to Monmouth.
Umpqua Academy Association was composed of former students and graduates of the Umpqua Academy, a Methodist school located in Wilbur, Oregon. The collection (1874-1930) contains Association correspondence and programs, a photograph of the school bell, gathered historical papers including legal documents, and sketches of the school and grounds.
Ahio Scott Watt (1824-1909) was an Oregon pioneer of 1848, who became clerk of the first court in the Oregon Territory. The collection (March 24, 1857) contains a description of the boundaries of a school district in Oregon.
Edwin A. Woodwoorth (1890-1966) became county superintendent of schools for Clackamas County, Oregon. The collection contains minutes and other material from national, regional and local education association meetings, as well as correspondence, publications, and daily desk diaries/journals.
The Historical Records Survey (H.R.S.) was initiated by the federal government in 1935 as one of five programs under the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A., renamed Work Projects Administration in 1939). All W.P.A. projects ended in February 1943, and most H.R.S. records were deposited in public repositories. The Oregon Historical Records Survey collection, arranged according to its original order, contains detailed documentation of Oregon history and records.