Skip to main content

LOC/L/L1. Education, General

 Record Group Term
Identifier: LOC/L/L1

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Asklepiads Pre-Med Society records

 Collection — Box 1: [Barcode: 35025041801370]
Identifier: UA 207
Abstract

The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.

Dates: 1929-1983

Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration records

 Collection — Box 1 (1996.309.A): [Barcode: 35025041942810]
Identifier: UA 165
Abstract

The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.

Dates: 1966-1970

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

Register-Guard records on higher education consolidation

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Bx 006
Abstract

The bid to consolidate higher education in Oregon began with the the Zorn-MacPherson School Moving Bill of 1932. The collection (1932-1934) contains research files, and a scrapbook of the Register Guard Eugene newspaper regarding arguments and statistics surrounding the consolidation attempt.

Dates: 1932-1933

University of Oregon Medical, Nursing, and Dental Schools records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 184
Abstract The University of Oregon Medical School was charterd in 1887 by the Board of Regents, and grew to include the School of Nursing, the Dental School, the Doernbecher Children's hospital, University State Tuberculosis Hospital, the Medical School Hospital, and Multnomah Hospital, and in 1981, was renamed Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU), becoming an autonomous university. The collection contains bulletins, catalogues, yearbooks, and commencement programs of the schools, as well as...
Dates: 1887-1981