LOC/H/H8. Organizations and Clubs
Found in 54 Collections and/or Records:
The Oregon Camera Club was located in Portland, Oregon. The collection (1899) contains a resolution regarding the retirement of Hugo B. and William P. Goldsmith from the club on June 7th, 1899.
The Oregon Freelance Club was an organization of amateur and professional writers from the state of Oregon. The collection (1952-1965) contains correspondence, reports, membership lists, and financial records.
The collection contains a letter dated December 21, 1872 from N. O. Parker, a member of Fidelity Lodge no. 36, of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF) to J. T. Apperson, an IOOF Most Worthy Grand Master. The letter asks for a dispensation for Fidelity Lodge.
The national Patriots of America organization was founded by William H. Harvey. The collection (1896) contains records from the Hillsboro, Oregon lodge including constitution and rituals, meeting minutes, correspondence, pamphlets, membership lists, and a broadside poster of Lady Liberty.
Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha of Oregon chapter, became the first chapter in the state of Oregon in 1923. Collection (1903-1993) includes bulletins, meeting minutes, secretary's book, constitution, and annual reports.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
Pi Beta Women's Fraternity was founded in 1912 at Northwestern University of Evanston, Illinois, as a professional fraternity for women who are outstanding in music and speech arts. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the fraternity.
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
Portland Hebrew Sick Benefit Association was founded by Russian and East European Jews of Portland, Oregon, and assisted members with death benefits, tombstones, and contributions to Histadrut, a labor federation in Israel. The collection (1933-1937; 1940-1958) consists of five volumes of treasurer's record books.
Edith Ballinger Price (1897-1997) was a noted author and illustrator of children's books. She was a frequent contributor to St. Nicholas and a founder of the Girl Scouts' Brownie program. The collection includes a range of materials related to her publications and is noted for the series of sketchbooks, 1902-1940s that document her evolution as an artist, and the complete set of illustrations for My Lady Lee.
The Regular Donkey Club, of Salem, Oregon, was male social club. The collection (1872-1876) contains constitution, by-laws, and minutes.
The Round Table Club of Eugene is a social and intellectual club, which began in 1912. Originally it was only open to men in the Eugene area with a college degree. It opened its membership to women in 1996. The collection includes programs, minutes, papers, club and member information, correspondence, and financial documents.
The collection consists of a treasurer's book of the Salem Musical Union, which lists receipts, disbursements, and dues-paying members from 1869-1871.
The Salem Muscovite Club was a marching and social organization started by Russian immigrants in Oregon, in 1922, and the long time head was "Noble Duke" Roy Simeral. The collection (1922-1932) contains a volume of club minutes.
Dr. Fred Schwarz (1913-2009) was an Australian physician, author, lay preacher, and political activist who founded the Christian Anti-Communism Crusade. The papers contain Christian Anti-Communism Crusade newsletters from 1977-1980.
The Social Science Club held programs devoted to exploring topics relating to the social sciences. Records include office files, minutes, meeting notices and programs, correspondence, membership data, financial records, and speeches from 1930-1953.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
Minutes of State Woman's Press Club meetings, Sept. 2, 1914-May 7, 1919, as recorded by the club's secretary. Includes newspaper clippings on various club activities and obituary for Lucia Faxon Additon, founder of the club and president at the time of he.
The collection contains a letter dated April 17, 1873, from (Oregon) Grand Secretary of the International Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF), Chester N. Terry, to J. T. Apperson, the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Oregon. In the letter, Terry informs Apperson that the brothers in Independence are now ready to institute their lodge and have set a date to do so formally.
The collection contains two letters, dated March 14th and 19th of 1873, from (Oregon) Grand Secretary of the International Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF), Chester N. Terry, to J. T. Apperson, the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Oregon. In the letters, Terry informs Apperson that about members who would like to form new lodges, other dispensation requests, and member news.
Viola, Oregon is a former lumber town and stagecoach stop in Clackamas County, Oregon. Viola Literary Association recording secretary's recording book documents the subjects discussed by the town's literary society in 1890.
Woodmen of the World (W.O.W.) is the name of a fraternal organization and the private insurance company that the organization owns and operates. The collection ( 1927-1937) contains a record book of minutes of the Junction City Camp (chapter) No. 446.