LOC/H/H8. Organizations and Clubs
Found in 54 Collections and/or Records:
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
The social fraternity Alpha Tau Omega was founded in 1865 at the Virginia Military Institute, and the Oregon Gamma Phi chapter was founded in 1910 and was closed in 2000. The collection contains historical information, pledge song information, and issues of the chapter publication, The Bumper, 1954-1966.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Collection is comprised of material created and collected by Denise Bittner, University of Oregon alumna, and includes correspondence, printed material, ephemera, and newsclippings.
The collection contains a letter dated March 4, 1873, from G. W. Connell, an Independent Order of Odd Fellows member from Vancouver, Washington Territory, to J. T. Apperson, the Grand Master of Oregon. In the letter, Connell asks Apperson for his opinion about a brother who is in arrears for $18.00.
Danish Brotherhood and Sisterhood lodges are fraternal organizations organized around a shared Danish heritage. The collection (1908-1981) contains records of the Danish Brotherhood and Danish Sisterhood lodges of Junction City, Oregon.
The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), Oregon Chapter began with the formation of the Multnomah Chapter, in 1896, and during the early 1900s Anne M. Lang served as vice president general, and state regent of the Oregon DAR. The collection (1913; 1917-1936) contains correspondence files.
Delta Nu Alpha is an international organization dedicated to transportation and logistics. The collection contains University of Oregon chapter records that document the functions, activities, and people of the organization. Records include correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, membership files, national materials, subject files on transportation topics, and photographs, 1947-1958.
The current Eugene Shakespeare Club, an organization of women devoted to the study of Shakespeare's works, was founded in 1909 and continues in existence as of the date of this writing (1993). The collection contains correspondence, constitutions, histories and recollections, and minutes that include annual reports, clippings, programs, and membership information.
The Fortnightly Club of Eugene was organized in December 1893 by Dr. Alice Hall Chapman as a study club dedicated to continuing education, and later evolved into advocating for library facilities and services in Eugene. The collection contains meeting minutes, scrapbooks and photographs, program books, financial records, and documents relating to club events, projects, and members' work.
The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.
William H. Hammond (1908-2001) served in the military during World War II and in state agencies in Oregon for much of his career. He was active in fraternal organizations including the Kiwanis. The collection consists of documentation of Hammond's career and colleagues.
The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England. The collection contains one piece of correspondence regarding "intoxicating beverages," written by members of the Blue Mountain Lodge of Canyon City, Oregon, on January 30, 1873.
The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England. The collection contains one piece of correspondence between members of an Odd Fellows lodge in Empire City, Oregon, dated September 23, 1872.
The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England; the first Odd Fellows lodge in Oregon was organized in 1852, in Salem. The collection (1891-1893) contains the transactions of Grand Master Abel D. Helman, of the Grand Chapter of Oregon.
The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England. The collection contains a certificate of membership from Lodge #8, of Hannibal, Missouri, dated November 10, 1840.
Spencer Butte Lodge No. 9 is a Eugene, Oregon chapter of the Independent Organization of Odd Fellows. The collection (1863-1907) consists of correspondence, official documents, and other lodge materials.
The Ku Klux Klan, Tillamook Chapter No. 8 was active from 1921 through 1938; its activities were mostly anti-Catholic and anti-Semitic. The collection contains correspondence, minutes, reports, membership lists and paraphernalia, financial records, an account ledger, and costume insignia. Included are some records pertaining to the Klan’s Empire Mutual Life Insurance Company, a national organization.
Dr. Jack P. Maddex, Jr. is an emeritus professor of history at the University of Oregon. The papers contain collected publications and correspondence related to socialism, primarily material from the International Socialists organization and its predecessor, the Independent Socialist Clubs of America.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. Mujeres is a program within MEChA that began in 1995 and is focused on Chicanas and other women of color. The collection contains an informational pamphlet.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. The collection contains publications and pamphlets related to 2009 conferences.
Miles M. Miller, of Salem Oregon, wrote a letter dated July 30, 1868 , to L. J. Powell. The collection contains the letter in which Miller offers friendship, news, and reminds Powell that he has not yet paid his dues to the [Masonic?] Lodge.
In 1931, parents and teachers organized a Mission Bottom Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) for schools in the Mission-Bottom area. The collection (1931-1941) contains one volume of meeting minutes of the Mission Bottom PTA.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Obsidians, Inc. is a local, Eugene, Oregon club that serves to educate people about the outdoors, particularly hiking opportunities in the West. The collection contains meeting minutes, summit registers, and trip reports. These records are bound into volumes, except those that, due to preservation concerns, are now housed in archival boxes.
Collection is comprised of dividend pay roll ledger number 19 for the Odd Fellows Hall Association in Portland, Oregon.
The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England. The collection contains a contract, dated June 7, 1869, between the Odd Fellows organization and William Braden for carpenter and joiner work on an Odd Fellows building in Portland, Oregon.